Another ancestor

This dignified lady is Elizabeth Pollow Warn, my great-grandmother.
The little girl is not identified but thought to be a granddaughter.
Elizabeth was born 30 June 1829 at St. Heliers Channel, England.
She married William White 16 Feb 1852.
She died 12 Sep 1906 in Logan, Utah.
She and William White had ten children, some born in England, others in Utah.
The sixth of their ten children was Ellen White, my grandmother, of whom I have very fond memories.
.jpg)

6 Comments:
Ten children. That's crazy.
"In our lovely Deseret,
Where the saints of God have met,
"There's a multitude of children all around....."
I always thought the woman in that photo was Ellen White, so thanks for setting me straight. It's cool to see a photo going back so many generations.
Around here, we consider THREE to be a multitude. :)
I love how refined she looks. I don't think you'll EVER hear my great-great grandchildren saying that about me.
Andrea --
I think you should hold off judging that until you are a great-grandmother and pose for a formal portrait. You might be surprised what age will do to a person.
Elizabeth Pollow Warn is my ancestor also, through her daughter Clara White. Perhaps we could share genealogical information.
Mike Baird
mbaird1439@aol.com
707-448-2711
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home